Monday, February 27, 2012

Circumstances and Family

Has it ever seemed like random circumstances come into your life and make things too hard for you to handle on purpose? If so, then you are most definetly not alone. I have been a victim of unforseen events that conflict with my original plans for pretty much everything. Often times, my weekends seem to get stolen from me when something comes up and stops me from carrying out what I mean to do at first. Being in Boy Scouts, I often have to devote my weekends and spare time toward participating in Scout-related events. Sadly, they often got in the way of time at home that either my family or I intended to use for other purposes such as weekend activities.

That may have been why my family stopped trying to do fun things together. Then again, we seem to have too few positive things in common with each other to want to be around one another. Most of the things we have in common are what most people would consider "undesirable traits." Some examples include focusing on negative situations, remembering them to where we judge each other using them, and low energy as well as esteem. Most of the time, my parents are in one room with one of my brothers in another room, the other in another, and me in the last room usable for solitude. I often wish that would change in which we could see more positive things in each other that makes us similar.

Below is a clip tht comes from a Drake and Josh episode that revolves around my point regarding positive reactions in bad times.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=v1Cib4kDPsI

4 comments:

  1. Nice info. I actually enjoyed (and still do) watching Drake & Josh. It makes you ponder about what the heck you and your family would do if you had no power during a thunderstorm.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also have problems with my family and it may seem like the world is against me, but I know that Jesus and God are with me. They are always their for me. And eventually, Jesus and God help me to move on, and things get better. Trust me, just give it some time. My family and I haven't always been so close ourselves.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My family hasn't always been so close. And things may seem too hard at times, but I know that Jesus and God are by myside. Thanks to Jesus and God, I am etting closer to my family. It's thanks to Jesus and God that I even have a family. Trust me, give it some time and have faith in Jesus and God. Things will work out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was a really good post Caleb. I agree with you when activities get in the way it ruins your weekends with family.

    ReplyDelete