I know that I am guilty myself for finding out what the ending images are for the game even though I neither beat it nor got the highest credit in the game. Nevertheless, I try not to spoil myself that way when I can resist the temptation, and I am prouder than one would think by being so darn guilty. Most people have no guilt at all.
Don't get me wrong, I am grateful to the people who post VG tips, outcomes, and walkthroughs for helping out gameplayers who genuinely need that kind of help. I would never have beaten some games or knew certain things about some games without these acts of assistance. I respect the fact some people really do need help on some games and I know that plenty of them deserve that help. In fact, there is one of the webclips on my previous post to consider since it is an ending of a game. It was meant to be there to help me make my point in the post. Besides, I would not be surprised to hear that most people are aware of how the "Twilight Princess" game ends by now, considering the fact that the game itself is 6 years old.
Still, I think that a lot of people shouldn't search for help on VG's if they haven't tried hard enough, or even tried at all to beat the hard parts on their own. Most of the cheats, codes, and other unlockable goodies ought to be reserved for people who desperately need them, or have earned the right to them by trying really hard and eventually needing them.
To uphold these thoughts, I imagine that soon enough, if not now, all game secrets and advice sites will have to start making software programs that prove whether or not someone has tried to do a hard part in a game. Then the person would be allowed to learn what he or she needs to know in order to beat the game.
Another reason why people should not spoil themselves with VG's is because it tends to ruin the true quality and suspense that VG's are meant to have. By cheating ahead and advancing towards the endings, climaxes, and other juicy stuff too soon/at all, the purposes of VG's to test people's hand-eye coordination and be exciting, dramatic, mysterious, and suspenseful clearly get wasted. I hope that fact becomes clear to those who don't know it soon so that VG's can still have good meaning.

http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&gbv=2&biw=1366&bih=594&tbm=isch&tbnid=H1aOSc_Xrp3xVM:&imgrefurl=http://www.dropshipstrategy.com/products/video-game-systems&docid=xJlBxmEyLdPIvM&imgurl=http://www.dropshipstrategy.com/imgs/products/game-console.jpg&w=425&h=281&ei=YhdpT_HIHIPgsQKj9KmHCQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=217&vpy=179&dur=8177&hovh=182&hovw=276&tx=161&ty=74&sig=104020298542366866969&page=1&tbnh=102&tbnw=154&start=0&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0
I agree, video games are very hard to play, and it takes time to know the controls.
ReplyDelete