Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Game Icons v. Game machines

I am aware of various icons that people attach theirselves to when it comes to popular video games. Some go back to the days before most of their fans were even born. Examples: Mario, Zelda, Sonic. Over time, Various people have chosen different favorites and practically grew up on them. But then, I have noticed more talk about the systems they are played on. A few of the familiar faces of my life have chosen between series favorites. as for the rest, I either don't know what their favorite icons are or hear them talk about video game systems too much.

The way I see it, the essence of video gaming is divided between the shell (the system), the outside influence (the player), and the true inner source of its greatness (the game itself). What disturbs me about all this system talk is the possibility that all these rivaling system debates are causing people to dwell on systems more than icons.

It seems to me that there should be more consideration and points made about the subjects of games than there are now. This way, video gaming can still be recognized as a good way for people to entertain theirselves and each other.



http://www.freegamesystems.info/images/All%20Systems.jpg

No comments:

Post a Comment