I myself have had to face many challenges in my life. Sooner or later, I had to choose between woorying about the past and thus avoiding the problems and make things worse, or telling myself to just wing them as they came since those moments were part of the present. Often times when I chose door # 2 of those options, I found myself reaping the rewards which quite often turn out to be worth the difficulty of the challenge. I certainly hope others are either making, or will make the decision to accept and embrace hardships of reality as well.
The best rewards in life are the ones that come from doing the hardest deeds possible. One example of that is when I had to finish a project for the BSA to become an Eagle Scout. I spent almost the whole Summer dealing with it even though my family and I had a long history of lacking self-motivation. I admit that we all caught it in the butt with each other on several occasions of that subject, but since it was the present during that Summer, I decided to make something of the time that was left to work on the project. When Summer ended, all the trouble of working on it paid off and I succeeded in the end. I became an Eagle Scout and now my family has a more positive piece of history to think about.
http://www.google.com/imgres?hl=en&safe=active&biw=1024&bih=587&gbv=2&tbm=isch&tbnid=_pEGcnilJZyk2M:&imgrefurl=http://www.ranktrackerplus.com/&docid=fXs0n5LeOa3jlM&imgurl=http://www.ranktrackerplus.com/images/Eagle2.jpg&w=1152&h=835&ei=L-JgT_KhOcO2twftr62oBQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=195&vpy=149&dur=766&hovh=191&hovw=264&tx=143&ty=103&sig=106603546907588721916&page=2&tbnh=125&tbnw=160&start=22&ndsp=24&ved=1t:429,r:19,s:22
By the way, I'm not calling myself perfect in this area. Heck, I still struggle with getting out of old complications and common, unhappy habits. For example, I sometimes have to make choices that could negatively affect people while benefitting others. In another case, I can't think of every single thing in life that disturbs my well-being at the same time so whenever I talk to others about my problems, I nearly always seem to have forgotten something to mention after each talk. In spite of these hardships, I'm still trying to do what I can to go on. Quite honestly, I know everyone else in the world has something that's nagging their peace.
No comments:
Post a Comment